The story of Tucker Ray, a 27-weeker with many diagnoses, and his baby brother, Easton John, a 34 weeker aka big brother's shadow. Here I post about the challenges and joys of working full time, caring for two rambunctious boys with my husband, and leaning on God for wisdom in the midst of the chaos.
Friday, July 14, 2006
Day 49
Tucker is 7 weeks old today! It is Friday, July 14th.
Tonight Rachel and I went to see Tucker take his bath. The nurses really just wipe him down with some wet wipes to keep him clean. His nurse let me bathe him tonight. It was the first time I gave him a bath, it was pretty easy. He still does not like his bath, though, even when his mommy bathes him. He must like to stay dirty (not that he gets too dirty in his isolette).
Then Rachel and I just sat by him and watched him sleep. After we were there for a while, a doctor and RT (respiratory therapist) came in and told us that Tucker was changing to the conventional vent! Rachel said "oh good, can Leigh hold him right now?" They said no, not yet. We had to wait to see if he does well overnight before holding him.
Rachel told the nurse to definitely tell the daytime nurse that Chris and I are going to hold Tucker, so give them a warning:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment