Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Strawberry Patch

Tucker had his first field trip today. His teacher, teacher's aide, the five kids, and the parents all went to the Strawberry Patch today to pick strawberries. Tucker was so excited that he got to ride on the school bus! It was a 45 minute ride, and the teacher said that he sat and behaved well both ways.
The parents had to ride in their own cars, so Mom and I rode in my car. We got him off of the bus, and he was very impatient while the kids all followed him! First we went to the barn to pet the animals. Tucker saw a bigger boy climbing on the horse's pen, and within seconds he was climbing up on the pen also. I had to pull him down several times, then he dropped his toy screw in the horse's food, so I had to dig that out as well!
There was a large cow with flies all over it, all the moms thought it was gross! Of course Tucker went and laid on the cow, like it was a big stuffed animal, yuck. He then pretty much attacked a large sheep, which bucked and tried to run away, but it was tied to a post. The next animal got him back, though. He went to "pet" the rooster, and it bit his finger.
We moved on quickly, and Tucker went to pick strawberries.

He did not really enjoy this activity. Mom tried to get him to find red strawberries so we could actually eat them, but he picked a good amount of green strawberries as well. After he picked about 10 berries, he was ready to quit. We took him to the playgroud, where he rode on the swing and the merry go round. This was his favorite part, of course, so I spent over an hour pushing Tucker and various kids on the swings, as well as chasing Tucker around the playground. Needless to say, I am exhausted! I was very happy when Tucker's teacher announced it was time to load the bus! Tucker was happy, too, he climbed right back on.

We hope to get a good night's sleep to rest up from today. Then tomorrow morning we are leaving for Ochsner Hospital in New Orleans, Tucker is scheduled to get his adenoids and tonsils removed tomorrow. Along with that, the ENT is looking in his trachea to see what is causing his breathing difficulties. She is also unclogging his right ear tube, it keeps clogging and giving him trouble. We will stay on the Peds floor overnight, then hopefully come home on Friday. We plan on spending the weekend at home recovering from this active week.

1 comment:

  1. Aw I am so excited to see this! I love keeping up with crazy tuck! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete