Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thankful Mommy

NOTE:  I just found this post from Thanksgiving, I never hit "post."

Tucker has been hilarious lately, while also trying to drive me crazy ;)

I think he took his loony pills last Sunday before 930 mass, as he started laughing hysterically during Fr. Rubin's homily...I had to clap my hand over his mouth and drag him to the cry room...of course the name didn't really fit, as my child found everything to be hilarious for the rest of church.

We don't usually go to church so early, but I thought we could try to get to the mall for noon when it opened so that we could see Santa before a line formed. Tucker really doesn't understand about Santa, and I am trying to make a big deal about Santa bringing presents for Christmas. I am also trying to make a big deal about Baby Jesus being born on Christmas, I am sure Tucker is very confused about how the two concepts relate, lol. He gets elves and Santa Claus and old men confused.....so I thought seeing the "real" Santa at the mall would help the confusion. Of course we got home on Sunday at 1045 or so, and Tucker demanded that Chris rock him and "take a map." Chris asked if he wanted to take a map or go see Santa, thinking that he'd say go see Santa since he asked him that last....but no, he said "take a map." So we did, all three of us slept for over 2 hours.  It was nice, at least, but we didn't see Santa yet.

Tucker loves the Mickey Mouse clubhouse Adventure in Wonderland video. He watches the 45 minute video at least once each day, and he is FINALLY starting to sing along and/or answer Mickey's questions. At the beginning, you have to say "meeska, mooska, Mickey Mouse" to get the clubhouse to appear, and you say "oh toodles" to get the mousekatools. Anyways, it is hard to see if Tucker is paying any attention at all, but lately he is singing along to "tick tock, tick tock, we have to fix the cuckoo clock" and telling Donald Duck, "be patient!" when Donald gets all fussy about the clock.  It is one of the cutest things ever! He is so into it.

Thanksgiving was nice, but Tucker was pretty out of it for most of the weekend. Chris took him to get his flu shot on Wednesday afternoon, and I'm not sure if that just tired his little system out. He took two naps on Thursday, and two more on Friday after sleeping all night. On Thanksgiving Day, we went to Meagan's and Chris's house for tons of food...two turkeys, two hams, tons of sides, and about 8 desserts, lol. That evening we had planned to take Tucker and Molli to the movies to see the Muppets, but by the afternoon I could already tell that Tucker wasn't going to make it. He slept almost all morning, and then in the afternoon he was tired and cranky again.  Tucker and Chris stayed home, and Molli and I still went to the movies. She worked hard at school and had three happy faces, plus she was super excited about going. Of course she had no idea who the Muppets are...she thought they were Alvin and the Chipmunks!  She slept the whole way to the movies, and I was worried that the excitement was too much for her. When I parked the car, she woke right up and she was so happy. The movie theatre is in a new development with several nice clothing stores, restaurants, and furniture stores. They were all closed for Thanksgiving day, but Molli loved looking at all of the mannequins through the window.  She made me promise her that I'd buy her sparkly dresses, pretty earrings, and really high heels as soon as she was big enough to fit into them, haha. It will be a while, as she is only 4!

We had fun at the movies, then we got hamburgers at McDonald's for dinner. How very un-Thanksgiving of us, I know, but I hadn't grabbed any leftovers from lunch.  I knew that Molli would fall asleep on the way home, so I wanted her to eat first. Of course she fell asleep pretty much as soon as we got back into the car. By this time, Tucker was awake and was waiting on Molli to come home and play, even though it was 9pm. Being off of school had totally thrown off his schedule. When we got home I carried Molli into the house and put her in the day bed, and Tucker just stared at her. He kept saying "wake her up" and "Mo-wee, play wit me!" so we had to close the door and tell him to leave her alone! Poor kid, but soon he was asleep, too, and so were we.

On Friday morning we woke up, and Chris cooked breakfast for us. Molli had to have her coffee (really one drop of coffee with the rest of the cup filled with milk), which Chris thought was the funniest thing.  We all got ready and went to Lowe's to pick out a real Christmas tree. Tucker had much more fun riding in the race car shopping cart, but Molli was excited about the tree. We put it in the truck and then headed home to decorate it. Chris put up the tree and the lights, and then I realized that I really didn't have any ornaments. Molli had helped me put all of my old ornaments into a big vase to make a Christmas centerpiece, so I really had none left. The tree just stayed up with the lights for the afternoon.

On Friday afternoon, we all gathered at my house to watch the big Arkansas game. It was great, and of course we won :) The Honey Badger made that great over-80 yard touchdown, and I swear the house shook from everyone's celebration. But Tucker slept through it all!

It was hard to adjust back to being at work and school after Thanksgiving, it was nice to spend a few days together.  Chris has a new job, where he works outside for 10 hours each day, which is bad when it is so cold lately.  The job is in St. Charles Parish, so he gets home later than me now, which Tucker does not care for, haha.  Once I'm home Tucker stands at the window waiting for Chris.

I meant to write up a "Why I am Thankful" blog, but I never sat down to do that. I will soon, maybe to wrap up the year, and how far our little Tucker has come since Jan 1, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment