Yesterday was a little rough....Chris was pretty sore, but I think he feels even worse today. He had to go to work for a half-day, though, I hope it's not too bad. Chris is coming home at lunchtime, we are going to finish packing, then Chris, Mom, Tucker, and I are leaving for Texas. We are spending the night in a hotel about an hour outside of Houston, then tomorrow we will leave early to get to Tucker's 830 am appointment with the Mito specialist. Some people have asked me "what are you hoping to find out?" or "what is the best/worst case scenario for Tuesday?" Hmmmm....I have no idea! I think I have focused on the party, and the happiness surrounding that, and now we are switching gears back to reality....back to the future and the diagnosis, or non-diagnosis, if that makes any sense.
As Mom told me last week, and Chris told me last night..."Whatever is going on with Tucker has always been going on...we will just have a name for it now." "Whatever happens on Tuesday...Tucker is still our little boy, and our love for him is still as strong as ever."
So, we will see what happens on Tuesday, we will deal with it, and I will update about it! We hope to at least get some news, though...we have been living with the "no news is okay" for a long time....maybe we'll have a change in that situation.
Yesterday was supposed to be a restful recovery day...well it was for the most part.
I had to ride to WalMart for a few necessities for the trip, and Chris had to do a little more clean-up from the party, but we mainly sat around all day.
Around 3, my sister Sarah called to invite us to go swimming. Our neighbors and cousins are out of town for the week, so they told my sisters they could go swimming in their pool. Brad got a new crossbow, so he wanted Chris to come shoot with him while we all swam. Well, all of a sudden the tiredness and soreness went away!! Haha, nothing would keep Chris from shooting his bow, let alone a new one.
So I packed all of the swimming paraphenalia, fresh out of the dryer from yesterday, and we headed over. Sarah, Gina, Tyler, Susan, Molli, Tucker, and I ended up swimming, and Chris and Brad joined us later.
I told Tucker we were going swimming, so he had to get his swimsuit on. He started yelling "Fim" and "poo" which I hope means pool, haha!
He got into the water and acted like he had been swimming his whole life! The pool had a large shallow section where both he and Molli could walk around, and he floated around on his floaties in the deep end. His head went underwater several times, and he came up laughing each time. Gina played a game with him, where he would get on a raft, and she would count to 3, then dump him off of the raft. He would splash down and then float right back up, and scream "again" or "get on". Molli tried it once, but she didn't care for it! When Tucker had his floaties off, he clung to us at first, then ventured out more and more as time went on. He could reach in about half the pool, so once he realized that he walked all over and cried to have his floaties off. He tried the whole "in the pool, out of the pool, in the pool, etc." game, but I told him he had to stay in the whole time, because I wasn't chasing him around. Chris and Brad came in and threw him around, as well as helping him to "jump" from the side (really just falling).
This is Molli showing us how she can swim underwater! She did this about 100 times:)
Some dark clouds were out, and when we thought the lightning was going to start, we all got out. Molli threw a fit, but we promised her we would come back later. We went back to Mom's for awhile, then Molli was really angry when she had to go home. Chris offered to help Susan carry her swimming stuff and Molli to the car, but she said she had it under control. A few minutes later, we saw Susan chasing Molli down the driveway! Haha, she really didn't want to leave!
Tucker went to bed around 9 last night, like usual, but it was so hard to get him up and ready today. He slept the whole way to preschool. I think he will sleep for most of the drive today, which is good...he needs to rest. If we get to the hotel early enough tonight, we may take him swimming in the hotel pool. Past experience tells us that Tucker goes stir crazy in a hotel room, so that would be a good distraction. Tomorrow we have our appointment, then we plan to take Tucker on the train ride in the park a few dozen times (he LOVED it last time), then either meet my friend Missy for lunch or bring some lunch to her. Her little boy Samuel has mito, and he is having a tough time right now in the hospital. It will be nice to see her and give her a hug in person, although it stinks that the kids won't be able to play together:( Please pray for them as well as us!
Whatta little fish! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow! Give the Knight's a big hug from me (and while your at it make sure they give you one from me too!!)
ReplyDeletexoxo
Lauren