We are all headed out to the beach tomorrow at 5am, so natually the washing machine overflowed all over the kitchen at 10pm (our washer and dryer are in the big kitchen pantry). We used all of the beach towels to clean up the mess, and Chris figured out what's wrong...it will take a $22 part to fix it, but of course we are leaving at 5am, so there is no time to fix it.
So....hopefully my Daddy will fix it, so glad he lives down the street :)
I am hopped up on caffeine at the moment, as I am on washing machine watch duty, and I needed coffee to keep my eyelids open.
But even without the caffeine, I am pretty excited about a service Tucker just got approved for. It's a one-time thing as it's the end of the fiscal year and I guess the human services district found some extra money they need to spend by June 30 :)
So Tucker has been on the waiting list for diapers forever, he is on a bunch of waiting lists, and likely won't be eligible for many services until age 10 or 11. And when I add up the cost of his diapers and pull ups, it's expensive! They just get more and more expensive as he gets bigger.
So I got a call last week that Tucker is getting $600 worth of diapers, that is a TON of diapers, lol.
I thought they would be kid-sized Depends, like really ugly and maybe not very user friendly. Of course Tucker doesn't care, but I don't want other kids making fun of him. It's bad enough that he wears Pull Ups, but at least they could have Cars or Diego on them to be "cool." Being "cool" is very important in the 4-year-old preschool crowd, as I've learned from other four-year-olds.
Anyways, the worries were for nothing, as we are getting regular diapers. I got to pick a vendor, and we are getting 4 cases of Good Nites and 4 cases of Huggies Snug and Dry shipped to our house next week. A friend of mine had the same situation for her son last summer, and his diapers lasted him until September.
The idea of not having to buy Pull Ups or diapers until September makes me very happy :) Of course, having Tucker potty trained and wearing underpants by September would make me even happier.
So I am going to look at the bright side of my son still wearing diapers with his 5th birthday approaching next week....at least I don't have to pay for them :)
I get the giggles thinking of how excited I was when we got them!! And when I found out they were even BRAND NAME!!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!! My grocery trips got cheap!!!!! Hoping our insurance will not cover Garrett's as he is almost 6. Started that process yesterday.
ReplyDeleteHey, have a BLAST on your trip!!!!!
Hugs!!
CL