We stopped for breakfast in Mississippi, and Tucker got out of the truck saying "go to da beach!" Well, we were only at McDonald's, and he couldn't even get a hamburger since it was breakfast time :) Tucker was so well-behaved for the whole ride, we got to Florida and the beach looked beautiful.
We checked in, unpacked, and all got dressed for the water. It turned out that the ocean was Freezing!! Tucker hated the sand, but I knew he'd like the waves, so after several escape attempts, I told him he was going in the water and he was going to like it! :) Once Chris and Tucker got deeper into the water, and they could jump and float with the waves, Tucker was hooked.
The big pool also had freezing water, I guess it was too early in the year to be swimming. But the kiddie pool had a warmer temperature (my friend Lacy said it is because the kiddie pool is full of pee!), so we spent our time there.
Baby Kinley joined us with her parents and Sissy and Pops.
We stayed out for a while, then Tucker requested the hotel. Tucker took a nap, and we got ready for the rehearsal dinner. Jackie's cousin cooked a big pot of spaghetti for all of us, and it was delicious. At the dinner, we saw family members that we hadn't seen in years, and it was so nice to talk to them. I love when Mr. Ricky's brothers get together and all talk about growing up, they have some funny stories!
That night Chris, Sarah, Brad, and I went to Aunt Terri and Uncle Steve's room to catch up while Tucker and Dylan hung out in our condo.
The next morning, we were so tired! But of course Tucker woke up at 6am, so Chris and I tried to sneak him out of the condo before he could wake anyone else up. That didn't work, as Tucker was way too excited that his aunt and uncle were right there when he woke up. We ended up going to the grocery store and coming back with breakfast and lunch food, and Tucker helped Sarah and Brad cook a yummy breakfast....by help, I mean that he cracked the eggs and then stole the carton.
We had a very relaxing morning, as Tucker then fell asleep for several hours. Chris's parents, Alexis, and Kinley came over to visit, and we all watched Kinley smile and play. Once Tucker woke up, I had about an hour to play before I had to leave to get my hair done. So we attempted the pool, but it was even colder than the day before. So after about 5 minutes, we were back up at the hotel, where Tucker was content to spend the rest of the day.
At noon we all left to get our hair done for the wedding, it was fun just being with Jackie, her bridesmaids, and the moms. Mrs. Mia dropped me off at a nail salon on the way back so that I could get a mani/pedi....and at 27 years old, my first mani/pedi ever! I didn't have any time to get my nails done before the trip, and I loved every minute of the manicure and pedicure....I will be doing that more often.
Chris and Mrs. Mia came to pick me up, then it was time for all of us to get ready for the wedding. Chris and I were both in it, so I had my dress, jewelry, and make-up to put on, and Chris tried to remember how to tie his tie. I went over with the bridesmaids to help Jackie get ready, and Dylan stayed to get Tucker ready, and he was on Tucker Duty for the ceremony and reception.
I have to say, it was a beautiful wedding...I knew a beach wedding would be pretty, but my breath was taken away. I met Chris's brother Justin when he was 14 years old, and we have all known Jackie for 5 years now. To see them get married, so in love and happy, was truly a blessing.
The reception was really a blast, everyone definitely enjoyed themselves. The DJ was from England, and wore a kilt. He made us perform all kind of antics, like the chicken dance, hokey pokey, and he somehow got the Groomsmen to dress up as the Village People and do the YMCA.
I can't ever get the pictures to go up and down, but here is one of my favorite pictures of Jackie and Justin at the wedding.
And here is a picture of the three of us.
I just can't over emphasize how good Tucker was this weekend. I don't know if his little body was just so happy to be off of the Focalin, or what it was. He listened so well, and he actually rested when he was asleep instead of tossing and turning.
On Sunday afternoon, we cleaned a lot and tried to get ready for summer time and the new workers. I talked to Tucker and told him that school was almost over. I told him that he used to see Mrs. Mary everyday (3 year old teacher), and then that was over. Well now he wasn't going to see Mrs. Amy everyday, but then in August he will go back and have new friends. He thought about that, then in a panicky voice said "See Mrs. Amy!" I told him he would see Mrs. Amy tomorrow, and he said "Owen!" I told him that Owen would be in his class the next day, but then next year Tucker will make all new friends. I don't think he is one bit happy about any of this.....
One of Chris's aunts is related to one of Tucker's classmates, so all year she has been hearing the little girl talk about Tucker and the preschool class. I saw his aunt at the wedding, and she said she feels like she knows all about Tucker from his classmate, I told her she probably knows more about what goes on at school than I do! So I know that Tucker's little friends will miss him, too, and it will be a hard transition for him to get used to not being at school everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment