Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Tucker the Fashion Model

Today Tucker got professional pictures taken in the NICU. There is a national charity that takes pics of babies in the NICU and gives the parents a CD of the pics for free. My sister found it, so we contacted the photographer in our area. We set up the appointment, and today Tucker was a model. I could not have asked for a better Tucker today. He was awake and SO cute, making all kinds of expressions for Wes to capture on film. We flipped him on his belly, his back, sat him up, and took pics of me holding him. Tucker did not fuss for any of it-he usually gets mad when we move him around. We even took some naked shots (to get his baby butt) and he did not make a mess on his blankets. His nurses were wonderful about the whole thing. They helped position the tubes and wires so that Wes got mainly Tucker in the photos, not so much the other stuff. The nurses said that they have never had a professional come in to photograph any of the babies. That seems strange to me b/c some babies are in there for so long I guess I just don't want to miss out on any of the memories. Tucker will be 3 months old on Saturday, and I had always planned on getting his picture taken at 3 months old, so I still did. Hopefully, at 6 months, he will be home for his picture. Tucker's trach surgery has not been scheduled yet, but he will probably get it in about 3 weeks. He will also have his hernia surgery then. He has two large hernias on his testacles. His doctor calls them Tucker's "big friends." They look SO painful, but today the dr pushed very hard on them, and he did not even flinch. So I guess he's okay. I love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment