Thursday, August 17, 2006

Update

Tucker now weighs 5 pounds, 8 ounces, so that's a good step. We are not really as excited about his weight anymore b/c it is not getting him any closer to getting out. No matter how much he gains, he will probably be in the NICU for another 3 months. We joke that he will be the biggest kid in there-he will have to have a toddler bed rolled in. Anyways, he switched to the volume ventilator today, and his blood gases are much better. It is a higher form of support, but it's not the ossilator. I really don't understand, but the doctors and nurses tried to explain it to me. It is giving him a higher volume of air, so a higher pressure in his lungs than the regular vent. They want him to be back to the regular vent before he gets his trach, but it's not totally necessary. His diaper rash got worse over the last couple of days, but now it is healing. Tucker extubated himself Friday night, and he dropped quickly. In order to bag him back up, they had to rip the tape off his face, so he has a red sore on his face from that. Last night, Tucker was awake so we wanted to hold him. After Chris held him for awhile, he pooped, so I wanted to change him quickly in order to help his diaper rash. Well, after we changed him, we had to leave him in his bed-so I did not hold him It takes a lot for the nurse to get him in and out of his bed, but he was in such a good alert mood that I cried b/c I couldn't hold him. It is getting harder to leave him b/c he gets cuter every day! I am posting some pics of him that we took over the last few days. You can see all of his pics at: http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l21/lgalat1/ this takes you to the main photo page, then you have to click on each subcategory-there are too many pics, so I had to organize them. I'm a little obsessed with my child-let me apologize in advance in the bottom pic, you can't see tucker's face, but isn't that the cutest blanket? my cousin made it for us-she has a business doing that-we are also a little obsessed with LSU-my alma mater .

No comments:

Post a Comment